Skrillex’ recent Reddit AMA (aka Ask Me Anything) was an enlightening experience. For those who don’t know, Reddit is an online community where members can vote on posts made by the general populus of the Internet. The site also regularly hosts AMAs with notable individuals (artists, presidents, celebrities, etc.). In true Skrillex fashion, the man was fully forthcoming with everything, whether it be music, singing, or even life advice. Here’s a run down of the best of the best from his talk with the Internetz:
1. Skrillex is a big fan of A$AP Rocky and thinks “he’s super talented and has a lot of input.”
2. He’s been in talks with Bjork for a few years about a possible collaboration. Maybe 2014 is the one?
3. Skrillex will let anyone with clippers cut his hair, including himself.
4. Jack U, aka Skrillex and Diplo’s tag team pseudonym, is sitting on four or five completed tracks that will be available later this year.
5. Skrilly’s fav food? Japanese, of course! Who doesn’t love a California Roll?
6. He’s OK with making fun of himself, even when he’s hurt.
This is the
hilarious painful clip in reference:
7. If music doesn’t work out, Sonny has a bright future as a motivational speaker/high school guidance counselor.
8. Working with Chance the Rapper was a collaboration that he will always remember.
9. Skrillex’ ethos on dance music is something we think everyone should take to heart: stop taking it so seriously!