Welcome to episode 18 of Stay Plugged In. This time around we have three additional free synthesizer plugins on offer.
First up is the Mormox Imitate, an emulation of a hardware synthesizer from Greece called Murmux Initate. The plugin rewards the user with great sounds from the start. Mormox Imitate has two oscillators with a sub-oscillator, and is available in Windows VST format.
- Two OSC with saw and pulse, two octave tuner knobs and FM modulation (Osc1 > Cutoff)
- Sub-oscillator (one octave lower as Osc1) with pulsewave
- Combined lowpass/bandpass/filter with cutoff, resonance, ADSR EG
- LFO with rate and depth pots for oscillator or cutoff modulations
- Special ADSR EG with embedded LFO/loop (ramp and S/H waves)
- Delay section with pan-LFO, glide, and warm shaper/overdrive
MassTURBOtar is a hybrid synthesizer with unique morphing capabilities. Pulsating or plucked sounds can easily be coaxed forth from its interface. MassTURBOtar features two morphable oscillators, LFO, filter, mod envelope, amp envelop, and effects sections. MassTURBOtar is available in Windows VST format.
- Two morphable oscillators
- Low pass/Band pass/High pass (band type and width controlled via 12dB/octave low pass and high pass filter)
- A/R amplifier envelope
- Modulation: sine/pulse LFO and A/DR envelope both with morphable destination
- Voice control: polyphonic/legato
- Effects: chorus, sample rate reduction, soft saturation, delay
- Parameters are controlled by MORFIKI preset system, velocity to bank modulation with adjustable smoothing included
- Dropdown menus with fixed values for oscillator scale transposition and tempo.
- Host synchronization for LFO speed
TN Audio Transcendental 2000
The Transcendental 2000 is a full-featured two oscillator analogue synthesizer based on the Powertran Transcendent 2000, a DIY kit synthesizer from 1978. It faithfully creates the original but also adds some features along the way (outlined below) This synthesizer is a must-have for your plugin collection, and is available in Windows VST format.
- Two oscillators
- Noise generation
- Portamento and pitch bend controls
- Oscillator VCO section with shape control/pitch control sections
- Filter VCF
- VCFAD shape controls
- Envelope section
- “Page” buttons section to access additional control screens
Free download (Scroll Down)
Submit plugins for review consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org