In episode 14 of Stay Plugged In we deliver three more free plugins for producers to download, try, and keep for use in their future audio compositions.
Vocoders are used a lot in EDM and the TAL-Vocoder is a fine example of one. TAL-Vocoder is an 11-band vintage style vocoder emulation that draws from the sounds of the early ’80s models. It utilizes a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) carrier signal with Pulse, Saw, Noise and SubOsc. TAL-Vocoder is easy to use and the controls are laid out neatly on the interface. It is available in Windows VST plus Mac Audio Units versions.
- 11-band vocoder engine
- Internal carrier synth (pulse, saw, sub osc, noise, mono, poly, portamento, sync mode, tune)
- Possibility to route an external carrier signal
- Harmonic control (adds more harmonics to any carrier signal)
- “Ess” enhancer for a clean understandable voice, also with a carrier that hasn’t much high frequencies
- Clip LED, glows if the input signal will be clipped
- Panic button stops hanging notes within the synth
Drumatic 3 is an easy-to-use virtual-analog drum synthesizer. It allows you to create custom kick, snare, tom, rim/bell, hi-hat, and clap sounds by selecting the relative tab, shaping the dual amplitude envelopes, and applying filters and effects. It is available in Windows VST format.
- Graphical envelopes for amplitude and modulation
- Load / save presets for single sounds
- Simple but effective effect section for each sound with distortion and bitcrusher and a filter.
- Six stereo outputs, assignable for each sound.
- All parameters can be automated (midi-CC not yet supported)
Manx Gigmate V2
The Manx Gigmate V2 is an analog synth that incorporates the “quirky” features of the 1981 Realistic Concertmate MG-1. The control surface is well laid-out with a retro sort of feel. It is available in Windows VST format.
- Monosynth with polyphonic “string” section
- 2 VCOs
- Oscillator sync
- Sample & Hold
- Ring Modulation
- MIDI Learn
- Audio frequency LFO
- Patch memory system with full library
Submit plugins for review consideration to email@example.com.