Welcome to episode 12 of Stay Plugged In where we kick it “analog” style. This week we bring you yet another trio of free synth plugins to add to your collection.
SonicXTC Drum Boxx Synth
Drum Boxx is one extremely tweakable drum synthesizer. It gives the user 12 channels each with a drum synthesizer that may be routed to one of three output channels: channel one is a clean channel, channel two has a tempo-synced delay, and channel three has a chorus/flanger effect. Each of the 12 drum signals can be pitched, filtered, equalized, distorted, have noise and velocity controls added and saved as part of a kit.
This is one plugin that needs some hands-on time to really appreciate the vast possibilities. Drum Boxx is available in Windows VST format.
- 12 individual synth channels
- Three output channels
- Ten custom preset kits
- Space for 128 user kits
- Delay and chorus effects
- MIDI automation
Scythe is a unique dual-oscillator graintable synth that produces some very usable noises for EDM audio projects. Just click the bend button and tweak a parameter to produce real-time noise and atmospheric effect permutations. Scythe is available in Windows and Mac VST formats.
- Unique, intuitive sound design interface
- Versatile oscillators with analog & digital waveforms
- Extensive but easy-to-use modulation
- Effects ranging from chorus and delay to digital grunge
- Low CPU usage
Wollo Drone is a Roland Juno-inspired virtual analog synthesizer. Its dual oscillators per voice can be tweaked with various effects including a flanger, reverb, delay, and filter to sculpt some seriously satisfying sounds. Wollo Drone is available in Windows VST format.
- 32 voice polyphony
- Two oscillators in each voice
- Five different oscillator waveforms with pulse-width and sync
- Four different resonant filters
- LFOs with 8 different waveforms
- Envelopes for Osc1 & Osc2
- Mono mode
- Flanger with built-in Moog filter
- 2 mono delays
- Stereo reverb
Submit plugins for review consideration to email@example.com