Here we come again with another episode of Stay Plugged In, the series that proves you really can get something for nothing. All plugins are free and pre-approved by us to be worthy additions to your collection.
Ohm Force Symptohm:Melohman Performer Edition
Symtohm:Melohman Performer Edition is the basic version of Ohm Forces’s Symptom:Melohman. It has the same synth engine, oscillators, and filters, with the exception being that they are fixed. You can use the morphing control and/or load your own samples to achieve different sounds. The Symtohm:Melohman really shines when you manipulate its various MIDI controls, especially the morphing one. It is available in Windows VST and Mac VST, Audio Units, plus RTAS formats.
- Stores up to 1200 presets
- MIDI automation
- Easy MIDI configuration with auto-bind feature
- Tempo synchronization
- Up to 384 kHz sampling rate
- Move several buttons at once with group selection and side-click
Camel Audio Alchemy Player
Alchemy Player is a sample player that comes with one GB (200 presets) of sample content. 150 presets are included with the installer and during initial startup you are given the option to receive an additional 50 presets by simply creating an account at Camel Audio. Alchemy Player has an easy to use interface with the ability to sort sounds and samples by category, subcategory, sound library, timbre type, articulation and genre. Once a sample is loaded you are able to tweak it with eight control knob adjustments, two x/y modifiers that are mapped to parameters, or ADSR. Modified settings for each sound can be saved via eight “Remix Pads” for quick access to your favorite settings. Using the various modifiers at hand you can create some high-quality sounds. Alchemy Player is available in Windows VST and Mac VST, Audio Units, plus RTAS formats.
- One GB of included samples
- Sortable sample library
- “Tagable” sample content
- Eight sound modifiers
- Two x/y sound modifiers
- Eight remix pads for quick access to modified sounds
- SFZ sample libraries can be loaded
TDR Feedback Compressor II
The TDR Feedback Compressor II is designed from the start to be a digital processor, not an emulation of hardware, “Virtual Analogue,” or “Circuit Modeling” compressors. It analyzes the output signal rather than the input signal like other compressors that use the “feed-forward.” The TDR Feedback Compressor II has a well-designed layout with very intuitive controls. You would be hard-pressed to find a pay-for feedback compressor, much less a free version, that performs as flawlessly as the TDR Feedback Compressor II. The TDR Feedback Compressor II is available in Windows VST, Mac VST and Audio Units versions.
- Beautiful “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behavior
- 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations
- Multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy, critical operations run up to eight times the audio rate
- Delta oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Three side-chain filter slopes: 3dB/Oct, 6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct
- Super fast and natural sounding compression
- Unique control scheme with independent release controls for peak and RMS events, as well as a compression Crest Factor control
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode to preview the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)
Submit plugins for review consideration to email@example.com