Welcome to the latest installment of Stay Plugged In where the plugins are as free as the informative commentary. This week our plugins include a sampler and two emulators, so start your DAWs and get ready to install.
E-MU Proteus VX
E-MU, a giant in the digital music industry, brings our first plugin to you. The Proteus VX plugin gets its internal architecture from the E-MU Emulator X3 sans the extensive editing capabilities. The included Proteus X Composer sound bank comes with over 1000 presets and features a wide range of sounds. Proteus VX can also load sounds from the Emulator X library as long as they go into system RAM as it does not feature sample streaming from disk. Proteus VX is available in Windows standalone and VSTi formats.
- 24-bit/192kHz audio playback.
- Can be used as VSTi or stand-alone (16 channel multi-timbral).
- Built-in 32-bit floating-point effects with 23 effects algorithms.
- High Voice Polyphony (system dependent).
- Drag and drop preset selection.
- Real-time controllers for all important control points.
- 54 different filter types including multi-pole resonant filters, phasers, flangers, vocal filters and multi-parameter morphing filters.
Sound Magic Piano One
Sound Magic’s Piano One models the Yamaha C7 concert grand. The Yamaha C7 is an industry standard and can be heard on concert stages and in studios all over the world. Piano One utilizes Sound Magic’s Hybrid Modeling Engine that combines the sounds of sampling plus modeling. It has a very small 150MB software footprint allowing it to be very responsive even on older less powerful computers. Piano One sounds great and is very good recreation of the C7.
Piano One is the basic module that add-ons can be purchased and installed on top of (if so desired). It is available in Windows VST and Mac Audio Units plus VST formats.
- Sound Magic Hybrid Modeling Technology.
- Add-on System (needs Internet connection).
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
IK Multimedia Sampletank Free
Sampletank Free is a full-featured sampler based on Sampletank 2.5. It comes with 500MB of samples and can also import WAV, AIFF, SDII, AKAI S-1000/3000, and SAMPLECELL sample files. This is indeed a sampling workhorse being 16 parts multi-timbral and possessing the ability to load multiple instances only limited by RAM/CPU. It is available in standalone, Windows VST and Mac Audio Units, VST, and RTAS versions.
- Over 500 MB samples for over 200 sounds included
- 16 part multi-timbral with easily layered/mixed parts
- Stretch, Polyphonic Pitch-Shift/Time-Stretch (PS/TS), and Resampling synth engines
- Powerful multi-effects section
- 33 built-in DSP effects
- Part and Master Loop Sync.
- Can be expanded with any Xpansion Tank 2 sounds
- Imports WAV, AIFF, SDII, AKAI S-1000/3000, SAMPLECELL
Submit plugins for review consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org