Diplo and Skrillex are preparing for a massive 2015 as Jack U, with the two currently on a big press junket in NYC talking about the future of the project on radio shows and more. Their recent sit down with Ebro Darden of New York’s Hot 97 was full of insightful new information on where Jack U are as a group and what Skrillex and Diplo have in store for the coming year.
During the 40-minute interview, the dynamic duo touch upon a series of topics, including upcoming collaborations, the relationship between hip hop and EDM, and the globalization of music. Check out our list of biggest takeaways and highlights down below.
* A full-length Jack U album is on the way, and it will feature 2 Chainz, Usher, and other “big, secret artists”
• Diplo and Madonna have a “crazy” new song coming out featuring Nicki Minaj that resulted from a semi-drunken night in the studio
• Although Skrillex dismisses Nas collaboration rumours, Diplo claims to have a record with Nas and “other artists” in the works
• Skrillex confirms additional A$AP Rocky collaboration in the works
• Skrillex has new music with A$AP Ferg on the way
You can watch the entire conversation below. To check out more Jack U news, including their recent two-hour special, click here.