It’s no surprise that the population of the EDM family grew tremendously in 2013. This inevitably put our culture under the media microscope. While it might seem like all fun and games to outsiders, we have to admit, the scene does have its flaws. Here are 14 things we hate most about being an EDM fan.
1. Waiting in the parking lot after a rave or festival
2. Phone problems
But seriously, put your phones down and enjoy.
3. Leaving the dancefloor to find water
Clark Griswold’s trek through the desert was nothing in comparison.
4. Trying to find your friends
… If you’re lucky enough to be able to send messages.
5. When the lights come on in the club
Everything is so much prettier in the dark. Buzzkill.
6. Having drinks spilled on you
Honestly, officer, I haven’t been drinking tonight… even though I smell like a bar.
You know who you are.
8.Being forced to listen to FM radio
When your iPhone is dead and you don’t have any other options.
9. When festival tickets sell out
Or you miss early bird prices due to overloaded ticket servers.
10. Bad music videos
Enough live recap videos, already. That’s not a music video.
11. When someone else wins a ticket giveaway
After you’ve spent hours tweeting, sharing, and begging friends to do the same.
12. When celebs try to cash in on the culture
Sorry, guys. Nice try, but this is a private club.
13. When someone talks over the drop
Excuse me while I lose my shi*t.
14. When people say ‘EDM music’
I’m sorry. We can no longer be friends.